Zumbach Electronics presents new, high-tech length and speed measuring gauges.
Precision speed and length measurements are critical for optimization of continuous or quasi-continuous production processes. Proper utilization of these measurements can lead to lower production costs and higher product quality. The ideal sensor must exceed traditional contact encoder performance, increasing reliability and accuracy while minimizing maintenance requirements and material yield.
LSV 2000 Velocimeter
The LSV Laser Surface Velocimeters have been designed as the ideal next generation sensors for non-contact length and speed measurement. They provide precise length and velocity data quickly and reliably for both process control and cut-to-length applications.
The LSV 1000/2000 measure reliably on almost any solid surface, whether controlling processes utilizing carbon steel, shiny aluminium or oily sheets, or producing round wire and cable, or manufacturing paper, cardboard or tissue.
Benefits / Advantages / Main Features
- Zero speed, direction detection (model LSV 2000 only)
- Reduced operating and maintenance costs
- Attractive ROI, fast payback
- All-in-one system, easy integration into production processes and control environments
- Easy to operate and no re-calibration required
- Visible laser for easy alignment in the field
- Robust sensor technology for reliable operation even under harsh conditions, protection classes IP 66 and IP 67
- Fast, state-of-the-art signal processor with powerful command set for efficient system communication via serial or Ethernet interface
- Includes two trigger inputs for additional light barriers or optical switches for high precision edge detection and offset length compensation
- Hardware status signals for remote diagnostic functions available
User-selectable full quadrature pulse output and interfacing as LAN & RS 422/232